HCSD ANNOUNCES INTENT TO APPLY FOR 21ST CENTURY GRANT
The Hinds School District is pleased to formally announce our intent to apply for the Mississippi Department of Education 21st Century Community Learning Center program grant for the upcoming 2017–2018 year.
The 21st Century Community Learning Center (21st CCLC) initiative offers a school-based community education center that keeps children safe during at-risk afterschool hours and in the summer. These centers provide children academic enrichment, homework tutors, and a wide range of cultural, developmental, and recreational opportunities. Students also receive afternoon snacks and transportation home.
For more information, contact the HCSD Office of Federal Programs at (601) 857-5222.
HCSD is a collaborative environment where we explore the world,
experience authentic learning, enhance our character, envision our dreams,
pursue excellence and celebrate success.
Providing an engaging and empowering environment that ensures excellence
- All students are proficient and show growth in ALL assessed areas
- Every Student Graduates High School and is Ready for College and Career
- Schools are Safe and Secure Environments
- HCSD Actively Recruits, Retains and Develops Competent, Caring and Student-Focused Staff
- Parents and Community Members will have a Positive Perception of the School District