HINDS COUNTY SCHOOL DISTRICT
is accepting applications for its 2018-2019
FOUR YEAR OLD PRE-KINDERGARTEN PROGRAM
from March 5, 2018 through April 6, 2018
Applications are available at www.hinds.k12.ms.us,
or may be picked up at Bolton-Edwards Elementary/Middle School,
Utica Elementary/Middle School, or
the Bolton, Edwards and Utica Libraries. (Click here for application)
ESEA Report Cards
Notice to parents as required by the Every Student Succeeds Act
On December 10, 2015 the Every Student Succeeds Act was signed into law by President Obama. The Every Student Succeeds Act reauthorized the Elementary and Secondary Education Act, the previous version of the law was referred to as the No Child Left Behind Act (NCLB).
The Elementary and Secondary Education Act requires that all states, school districts, and schools to provide annual report cards to parents and communities. Each report card contains data about state assessments, attendance and graduation rates, and information about "highly qualified" teachers.
The district and school report cards are available for viewing by clicking the links shown below:
HCSD is a collaborative environment where we explore the world,
experience authentic learning, enhance our character, envision our dreams,
pursue excellence and celebrate success.
Providing an engaging and empowering environment that ensures excellence
- All students are proficient and show growth in ALL assessed areas
- Every Student Graduates High School and is Ready for College and Career
- Schools are Safe and Secure Environments
- HCSD Actively Recruits, Retains and Develops Competent, Caring and Student-Focused Staff
- Parents and Community Members will have a Positive Perception of the School District