HCSD Online Application Process
NOTICE OF NON-DISCRIMINATION: Hinds County School District does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, religion or age in the admission to and provision of educational programs, activities and services or employment opportunities and benefits.
Read and print these directions then click on the link at the bottom of this page to start your application.Thank you for your interest in employment with our district. Please read the following information prior to beginning your online application. You may wish to print a copy of these directions for easy reference as you complete your application.Note: Record your userid and password when you begin your application process. You will need in the future to update and access your online application. You will use this same userid and password for any future applications.
The following items are needed to complete the application process:
- Valid Mississippi Educator License (certified applicants only)
- Past work experiences
- Three professional references (with email addresses preferred)
- Verification of prior teaching experience (certified applicants only)
- Complete an online application
- Note: you can upload digital copies of documents to your online application. File sizes are limited. Files larger than 4 Megabyte will be rejected. The preferred file type is PDF. You can convert most document types to a PDF using the following file conversion website: http://www.zamzar.com.
Required Paper Documents
In addition to the online application information, the following paper documents must be mailed to Hinds County School District, Attention: Personnel Department, 13192 Hwy 18, Raymond, MS 39154:
- Copy of Educator License
- Copy of college/university transcripts
- Copy of PRAXIS or NTE Scores (certified applicants only)
- Recommendations from three references if you do NOT list email addresses for them on your application [click here].
- Verification of Prior Teaching Experience [click here]. (certified applicants only)
Next Steps After Applying Online
You should contact the principal of the school where you are interesting in working by both email and phone. To view their contact information [click here].
Fingerprinting and Background Check Fee