Phone: (601)857-0213


Degrees and Certifications:

Nurse Daffney

My name is Daffney Garvin. I am the school nurse for Carver Middle School/Raymond Freshman Academy. I graduated nursing school from Hinds Community College in 2003.  I have been at CMS since the 2004-2005 school year.  My favorite past times are reading, pinterest, and cooking.
My focus here is teaching students and their families about healthy living and making good life choices.  In addition to that I am here to service all children at CMS/RFA.  In order for your child to be seen by me, a yearly consent must be signed by a parent or guardian.  On the back of this consent is a history and physical.  This gives me valuable information regarding your child's medical history and is very important.  Both of these forms can be found under the "Consents and Forms" section.
Because asthma has become such prevalent diagnosis in school aged children, it is now state law that every child with a diagnosis of asthma MUST have an asthma action plan on file.  The purpose of this plan is so that all staff will know what to do in the case that your child begins to experience asthma symptoms during the school day.  You can find a blank plan under the "Consents and Forms" section.
If your child takes medication during school hours Hinds County School District has a policy in place in order for the student to receive it during the day.  The prescribing physician must complete the medication authorization form; medication must be in original container; label must have student name, name of medication, date, dosage, times, and frequency;  ANY DOSAGE CHANGES OR DISCONTINUATION MUST BE IN WRITING FROM THE PHYSICIAN.  All of these precautions are state mandated and are in place to ensure the ultimate safety of your child.  The authorization form for the physician can also be found under the "Consents and Forms" section.
Food allergies are also on the rise in school aged kids.  If your child has a food allergy or requires a special diet we must have a written order from your physician.  Once this is received we can flag their account so that your child will not be exposed to food they should not eat.  This order must be updated every year.
If you have a student who will be in the 7th grade next year you must provide an updated 121 form to show that they have received the Tdap(Tetanus, Diptheria, and Pertussis) booster.  Information on this immunization can be found under the "Forms and Consents" section. 
I look forward to helping your children stay healthy this school year.
"A Healthy Student is a Successful Student"
Last Modified on September 5, 2018