Degrees and Certifications:
Bachelor of Science, Management Masters of Business Administration
Mrs. Birdette Scott
Welcome to the web page for Mrs. Birdette Scott's 8th Grade Mathematics and Algebra I Courses. I am enjoying working with your students. My goal is to support your student in preparing for his/her mathematical future. I am entering into my fifth year of teaching. I began my educational journey in 2009 at Greenwood High School in Greenwood, MS as an Algebra I Teacher. Furthermore, I served as a Resident Principal at Benjamin Franklin High School, in Baltimore, MD. After serving in this role, I spent time on the staff of Teach for America. I also consulted with The Bailey Education Group and The Kirkland Group.
Below are key tenets of our classroom.:
- Students work well in collaborative environments
- All students can succeed with appropriate supports
- It is important to introduce students to math topics in multiple ways
- Students must be taught the connection between math and real-world
- Parents, teachers, students, staff, community, etc. are partners in learning
I am looking forward to partnering with you and your student this year!!