Terry High School
World History 2019-20
Number of Credits: 1
Students will trace the history of the world from the Enlightenment to Present-day. We will cover politics, human rights, technology, and wars that shaped the world we live in today.
- Reading skills
- Writing skills
- Critical thinking
- Historical connections for today
- Political connections for today
- Economic connections for today
Lifelong Learning Standards
- Knowledgeable person
- Complex thinker
- Effective communicator
- Self-directed learner
- Quality producer
Unit 1: Enlightenment & the Early Revolutions
Unit 2: Industrialism & Imperialism
Unit 3: World War I
Unit 4: Rise of the Dictators & World War II
Unit 5: The Cold War & Civil Rights
Unit 6: The Modern Era
A = 90%-100%
B = 80%-89%
C = 70%-79%
D = 65%-69%
F = 0-64%
4 Unit Tests 50%
8 Daily Grades 25%
9 Weeks Exam 25%
- No eating or drinking in the classroom
- No cell phones in the classroom or hallway. Headphones are permitted in the classroom with consent from the teacher and are only to be plugged into a Macbook.
- Tardy = not being in your seat when the bell rings
- Use your inside voice in the classroom and hallway.
- No PDA in the classroom or hallway
- You will be issued ONE hall pass that is required to leave the classroom. The pass only allows for leaving the classroom 5 times per 9weeks. Each time you leave the classroom, a teacher will hole punch your pass. Once you use the pass 5 times, there will be absolutely no leaving the classroom.
For remind, text @2khbd8 to 81010
If you follow the steps correctly, you’ll receive a text asking whether you’re a Student or Parent. Reply with the appropriate response. You’ll then be prompted to download the free remind101 app. DO IT and receive my welcome message!
*Remind will be used for class reminders including upcoming assignments and tests. Parents and students encouraged to join!