COLLEGE & CAREER PLANNING
Our Freshman Friday registration link is now available for students who are interested in attending Holmes Community College. This day is designed to assist high school seniors with registration for Summer and/or Fall classes. If you know of any students interested in joining us for the summer and/or fall term, this is an excellent opportunity to knock out class scheduling before graduation. Students can register to attend at the following link: https://www.holmescc.edu/future_students/freshmanfriday.aspx
Our 2021 Ambassador Team applications are also now available. Holmes Ambassadors are student recruiters who serve as representatives of Holmes CC in the recruitment of future students and in the promotion of other services/activities of the college. This is a paid work-study position and a wonderful leadership opportunity. The 2021 Ambassador application can be found at the following link. https://www.holmescc.edu/administration/marketing/recruiting/ambassadorapp.aspx
Dual Enrollment - Students can take classes at a college while attending high school and receive credit for both high school and college
ACT - ACT testing
NCAA Clearinghouse - Register to play sports at a Division I or II college by the end of your junior year
NCAA Guide for the College Bound Student Athlete - Everything you need to know about playing sports in college
The Common Application - Apply to several colleges and universities using just one application
The College Black Common Application - Apply to 51 Black colleges with one application.
- The Jump Scholars Program is a five-week summer program at Southern Miss designed to give incoming freshmen a jump start on their college experience. If you are interested, visit usm.edu/student-success/what-jump.php
- ULM University of Louisiana Monroe
- If your students are interested in scheduling a private campus tour, follow this link, https://www.ulm.edu/admissions/hawkseekers.html
- The University of Alabama- for more information, visit the website, GOBAMA.UA.EDU
If you have any questions, please call the Office of Admissions at 662-846-4020 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Have an amazing day, GO GREEN!
Hinds will be offering free tuition this summer to any admitted student taking up to 12 credit hours! This financial opportunity is made possible by the Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund, and we are excited to be able to use the funds to helps students earn college credit this summer.
Here are some details:
- What it covers: free tuition for up to 12 credit hours taken in the summer 2021 semester, as well as registration fee, technology fee, distance learning fee, and texbooks/e-books (room and board are not covered.)
- Who qualifies: dual-enrolled students (yes!), high school graduates, college transfer students, transient students (visiting students from a university over the summer), and current Hinds students. So, this is great for your graduating seniors who want to get ahead. It’s also a bonus for your rising juniors and seniors who want to earn college credit while still in high school, regardless of whether or not they are involved in Hinds’ Fall/Spring Dual Credit program.
- What can I take: face-to-face or online classes. They may be academic classes or career/technical program classes.
- Residency: students may be in-state or out-of-state but must be US residents.
- How to start: First: get admitted. Second: get advised/registered for classes by a Hinds counselor. To be advised by a counselor, students can either come in person or request remote advisement at www.hindscc.edu/register.
All the details can be found at www.hindscc.edu/summer, an flyer is attached.
MS Youth ChalleNGe Academy - is a 22 week military oriented, residential alternative to high school. The mission is to improve the education, life-coping skills employment potential of high school dropouts "kids at risk" so they become productive members of their communities and society in general. For more information, call 601-558-2300 or 1-800-507-6253 or visit the website: www.msyouthchallenge.org