About the Raymond High School Student Council
The Raymond High School Student Council is a student-run service organization with the following goals:
- To promote harmonious relations between teachers and students
- To provide opportunities for leadership
- To schedule and conduct school activities
- To promote and develop good school citizens
- To encourage school-community relationship
Members consist of President, Vice-President, Secretary, and Treasurer. Officers of the Sophomore, Junior and Senior Class and representatives from each class.
Student Council meetings take place once every two weeks. At the meetings, members discuss and plan events and activities such as Homecoming & Spirit Week, Black History Month, Read Across America, peer tutoring, visits to assisted living facilities, food drives, etc.
Raymond High School has been recognized by the Leukemia and Lymphoma Foundation and Pennies for Pasta.