WHEN SHOULD I RENEW?
HOW MANY CEU'S DO I NEED?
- The Mississippi Educator's license may be renewed for one five-year period beyond the present expiration dates. Only credits earned from one expiration date to the next may be used for renewal.
HOW DO I OBTAIN MY CEU'S EARNED THROUGH THE HINDS COUNTY SCHOOL DISTRICT?
- For a Bachelor's degree or equivalent (Class A), you may renew with ten (10) continuing education units (CEUS)
- For a Master's degree or above (Class AA, Class AAA, Class AAAA), you may renew with five (5) continuing education units (CEUS)
I NEED SOME CEU'S. DO YOU KNOW OF ANY?
- The HCSD files CEUS through the Hinds Community College Office of Economic Development and Training.
- The cost of CEUS is $25.00 per course.
- For inquiries regarding CEUS filed with HCC or to obtain CEUS filed through HCC, contact Amanda Kelly at 601-857-3608 or firstname.lastname@example.org
HOW DO I RENEW MY LICENSE?
- Check here from time to time to find a listing of CEU opportunities. Professional Opportunities
- You can renew your license online by visiting your ELMS account.
- Follow the HCSD Renewal Step By Step guide.
- Do not forget to upload your Lawful Presence form!! This has recently been added as a requirement.
I'VE RENEWED! NOW WHAT?
- Complete the Updated/Renewed License Form. You will attach a copy of your new license at the end of the form.
- If you have earned a Masters degree or higher, have updated the level on your license and would like to update your contract, complete the Contract Update form. You have until October 15 to change your contract for the current school year.
- Licensure Tips and Tricks
- MDE Forms Page (including Lawful Presence)
- MDE Licensure Guidelines
- MDE Licensure FAQ's
CLICK HERE TO VIEW MS. FOSTER'S LICENSURE POWERPOINT!
Last Modified on January 20, 2023